Things I Exclaimed At The Great British Bake Off - Week 9: Patisserie
It's semi-finals week! LET'S GET READY TO CRUMBLE! It's time for some delightfully flaky patisserie bakes!
As always, if you've enjoyed this, please feel free to share! You can also follow me on twitter, instagram, and facebook - or on youtube, via The Same Faces.
- BAKE OFF FACT: Mel & Sue's French art-house opening was paid for by an Arts Council grant.
- The first crack in Selasi's cool finally arrives in the semi-final. Despite this, he still remains pretty damn cool.
- BAKE OFF FACT: "Bashing out my butter" will be the name of Candice's 2018 tell-all book.
- "I CAN HEAR YOU WHISPERING!" - Remind me not to take Candice to a library.
- This "you're doing our job" argument with Selasi would be funnier if Mel & Sue weren't actually leaving...
- A dual oven drop in the same task?! This is unprecedented!
- Jane apparently has a finger-click operated oven. That's both fancy and pro-jazz culture.
- How is it possibly that everyone under-baked their signature, except Andrew, who effectively had an hour less, due to restarting? That defies logic. #AndrewsATimeLord
- If someone could turn Selasi saying "full stop" into a gif, please, then that's how I shall end all arguments on internet forums.
- BAKE OFF FACT: Jane and Andrew's new Mills & Boon series "She's All He Talks About" will be released in February.
- New plan: Can I have Sue toweling down Selasi as a gif instead? Ta.
- I feel like we've definitely had fondant fancies as a technical before? Mind you, I recall everyone was rubbish that year, so the Fancies must be back to make amends.
- We now take a interrupt your program for Mary and Selasi to have a sieving-based stare-off. You can separate the tension with a... well, a sieve, I suppose.
- BAKE OFF FACT: Andrew's exercise DVD, "Fondant Thighs of Steel" will be out in time for Christmas.
- Candice has a very low-key understanding of "actual insanity". Rarely does it involve baking pressure; more of a poop-flinging thing...
- End of the showstopper, and I'm already sensing who's going; not thrilled about it... It's an obvious choice, though.
- Yep. That's disappointing.